Call for Papers
Please submit your abstract for ASDWA’s 2014 Annual Conference. This year’s conference will be held October 20-23, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency in Albuquerque, NM. Approximately 250 participants are expected to attend.
Presentation themes may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Source water protection and sustainability of water supplies
- Climate change, water and energy efficiency, and conservation
- Clean Water Act/SDWA connections, nutrient pollution, and Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs)
- Emerging drinking water treatment technologies and optimization of current technology
- SDWA implementation approaches and strategies including collaborations and partnerships
- State revolving loan fund tools and techniques/green infrastructure strategies
- Drinking water security strategies and tools
- Small systems: TMF, sustainability strategies, technologies, and compliance
- Workforce, operator certification, and/or technical assistance initiatives
- Data management
- Distribution system issues
- Emerging contaminants in drinking water, both chemical (Cr+6, perchlorate, etc.) and microbial (Legionella, Naegleria fowleri, etc.)
- Drinking water research
- Risk assessment, risk communication and consumer outreach
- Implementation of regulations – challenges and successes
When reviewing proposals, ASDWA will give priority to those received from state drinking water program administrators and their staff. If you would like to make a presentation, please submit a one-page abstract with the proposed presentation title, and the name, title, affiliation, and contact information for the speaker to Deirdre Mason of ASDWA at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16, 2014!
Call for Exhibitors
Exhibit space applications are now being accepted for ASDWA’s 2014 Annual Conference. Exhibitors will have a unique opportunity to discuss critical legislative and regulatory issues with state drinking water administrators, EPA officials, and others in the drinking water community. In addition, exhibitors will be able to present their products and services to conference attendees.
Anyone interested in exhibiting at the ASDWA Annual Conference should contact Tom Maves at 703-812-4773 or email@example.com. The deadline for applications is August 30, 2014!
For more information about the 2014 ASDWA Annual Conference, view our online Brochure at http://eepurl.com/STk9L, or visit us at www.asdwa.org/Conferences.