Plan Now for National Groundwater Awareness Week: March 8-14
February 4, 2015
The 17th annual National Groundwater Awareness Week will take place from March 8-14 this year. The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) invites you to celebrate the week by helping to educate the public about groundwater and its importance to public health, quality of life, and the environment. State drinking water programs will want to share the materials and messages that NGWA has created with their utilities and the public about groundwater and water well stewardship (including information for private well maintenance). Please take a look at the following resources that are available for your use. Some can be used as is and others can be adapted or customized to your state or a local community.
- Link to the National Groundwater Awareness Week web site
- Groundwater Awareness Week logos(right click on the logo and “save as”)
- Poster on protecting groundwater
- Editorial from Kevin McCray, NGWA’s Executive Director
- Promotional tools for groundwater professionals
- Fact sheet on national groundwater use
- Information about groundwater
- Groundwater stewardship — protection and conservation
- Educational brain ticklers and experiments for kids
- Resources for private well owners:
Please join NGWA and the promotional partners (including ASDWA) in letting the public know about groundwater and how to be a good groundwater and water well steward. A big thanks goes out to those state agencies that have already committed and are listed on the Groundwater Awareness Week web page! To be listed as a promotional partner, for more information, and to ask questions, please contact Cliff Treyens of NGWA at email@example.com.